Institute of Commonwealth Studies (ICwS) Opinions are authored entries and do not necessarily reflect the views of the ICwS. The purpose of the Commonwealth opinion blog is to stimulate debate and dialogue around some of the most pressing issues in the Commonwealth and to highlight new research in the field of Commonwealth studies, past and present.
Africa ANC Apartheid BBC Black Botswana Brexit Britain Caribbean CARICOM Charter CHOGM Commonwealth ComSec Corruption Earth elections Elephants Empire Environment Human Rights ICC India Indigenous Peoples International Law ivory Kenya Kenyatta Media Freedom minority Namibia Nigeria Opinion politics Press Freedom Racism South Africa Southern Africa Sri Lanka Thatcher UK UN White Zimbabwe Zuma
- John Chilembwe: a new statue celebrates Malawi Pan-Africanist the world forgot
- Kruger National Park’s rhino losses mirror continental African trend
- Nelson Mandela: rainbow statesman
- Adopt strong Media Principles and live by them, CJA tells Commonwealth leaders
- Every annexation is political blasphemy