Institute of Commonwealth Studies (ICwS) Opinions are authored entries and do not necessarily reflect the views of the ICwS. The purpose of the Commonwealth opinion blog is to stimulate debate and dialogue around some of the most pressing issues in the Commonwealth and to highlight new research in the field of Commonwealth studies, past and present.
Africa ANC Apartheid BBC Black Botswana Caribbean CARICOM Charter CHOGM CITES Commonwealth Corruption Earth elections Elephants Empire Environment Human Rights ICC Indigenous Peoples International Law ivory Kenya Kenyatta mandela Media Freedom minority Namibia Nigeria Opinion poaching politics Press Freedom Racism rhino South Africa Southern Africa Sri Lanka Thatcher UK UN White Zimbabwe Zuma
- The Commonwealth: a strange beast, a relic of Empire…or not so bad after all?
- The Commonwealth: adapting to post-war, post-imperial realities
- The future of the Commonwealth’s relevance lies in development
- Cameroon: a political challenge for the Commonwealth
- What does the Commonwealth mean to me? Tracing the institution’s global and personal impact