Institute of Commonwealth Studies (ICwS) Opinions are authored entries and do not necessarily reflect the views of the ICwS. The purpose of the Commonwealth opinion blog is to stimulate debate and dialogue around some of the most pressing issues in the Commonwealth and to highlight new research in the field of Commonwealth studies, past and present.
Africa ANC Apartheid BBC Black Botswana Caribbean CARICOM Charter CHOGM CITES Commonwealth Corruption Earth elections Elephants Empire Environment Human Rights ICC Indigenous Peoples International Law ivory Kenya Kenyatta mandela Media Freedom minority Namibia Nigeria Opinion poaching politics Press Freedom Racism rhino South Africa Southern Africa Sri Lanka Thatcher UK UN White Zimbabwe Zuma
- Ruth First and Joe Slovo: South African Communists and the Eritrean War of Liberation
- Zimbabwe and the Commonwealth
- Understanding the Commonwealth through the Library collections
- The Commonwealth: a strange beast, a relic of Empire…or not so bad after all?
- The Commonwealth: adapting to post-war, post-imperial realities